Multi-disciplined artist with a background producing 2D and 3D artwork for visual effects, promotional material and real-time environments. Experience includes working on a selection of both self-managed projects and as part of small teams.
I have a good sense of humour, am adaptable and resourceful, quick and eager to learn, and am driven by a desire to work competently, efficiently and creatively.
Freelance Artist 2005-Present
- Communicating and consulting with both clients and collaborators.
- Produced 3D artwork using Maya and Adobe Photoshop for iPad app Why the Net Matters: How the Internet Will Save Civilization by David Eagleman in collaboration with PopLeaf.
- Created renders in Maya using mentalray and composited with Adobe After Effects for use in promotional material for Naked Energy Ltd.
- Worked as an in-house graphic designer for a small coffee bar producing a variety of POS and promotional artwork primarily using Adobe Illustrator as well as requiring original photography.
- Restoration and retouching of photographs of an archive of paintings using Photoshop.
- Illustration requests for children’s bedrooms, scientific papers, promotional material, and concept visualisation.
- Photographic commissions including portraits, promotional images, and collaborating with writers. Involved a lot of collage, retouching, and manipulation using Photoshop.
Café Rouge Barman July 2006-Present
- Maintaining effective communcation with other team members.
- Managing workflow to optimise both quality and efficiency.
- After Effects
- Unreal Development Kit / Unity3D / Source SDK
Anglia Ruskin University 2009-2012
Computer Games and Visual Effects BA(Hons)
- 3D Modelling
- Texture Development
- Concept Art Production
- Animation and Rigging
- Collaboration with other Departments
- Optimisition for both Real-Time and Offline Rendering
- Project and Pipeline Management
- Study of Art and Film Fundamentals
- Film Production
- Version Control Software
- Steadicam Operation
- Familiar with all aspects of a 3D production pipeline, particularly within Unity3D and UDK. Largely focused towards environmental art but with an understanding of character-creation pipelines from initial concepts, modelling, rigging, through to asset importing, and integration with other systems.
- Experience working with several game engines over a number of different projects for desktop/web/mobile platforms and primarily focusing on asset production (modelling, texturing, particle effects, audio creation) and occasionally requiring scripting with C#/UnrealScript.
- Texture creation utilising a variety of media including photographic, hand drawn/painted and digitally created sources to meet the needs of technical and design considerations.
I have a healthy appetite for the consumption of games and media, with a particular taste for co-operative titles.
I take a keen interest in following game development; i.e. reading up background information and watching developer videos.
Alongside my interest in game I have a tendency to follow creative pursuits such as video editing, photography, and drawing.